Finally a skirt that fits…

I’ve been having fitting issues. Nothing I’ve sewn so far has fit. I’m now taking a beginning sewing class and I’m learning a lot. But back to fitting issues. I got tired of it so I pulled out my Jones of New York red skirt that fits me very well. Measured it and looked at the measure measurements of New Look 6395. They were almost an exact match. My red skirt is very different from the New Look. New Look skirt is cut on a bias so it kind of floaty. The fabric of my red skirt is cut on the grain. This weekend I made the muslin and it fit!

This wasn’t a slam dunk. I had really hard time with that darn zipper. I must have taken it out at least seven times and I’m not joking. The instructions for the lap zipper are awful!!!! I finally end up searching Youtube. and found this video. It’s great and after watching it several times, I inserted my zipper.

I’m not posting a picture of the muslin. I hope to make a skirt this week. A skirt that I can actually wear.

Explore posts in the same categories: muslin, Sewing

Tags: ,

You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: