What’s a clapper

Judy asked “What’s a clapper?”

Threads posted a great article titled Five Must-Have Sewing Tools.  Point presser/clapper  is number five on the list.  The article explains how to use it and provides pictures.  I wish I’d know about this tool years ago.

This tool call also be called a tailor’s clapper (read the last to paragraphs), combination clapper and point turner (scroll down to find the reference).

Here’s a good picture from sews.com where you can order your own clapper.   Nancy’s Notions sales a tailor board & pad that I might get instead.


Explore posts in the same categories: Sewing

Tags: , ,

You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: