A couple of people have ask about the Brother 2340CV cover stitch machine and Sew-4-Fun’s tutorials. I can’t copy her work and place it on my blog but I can do my own tutorials based on her instructions.
So here’s my first. Click on pictures to enlarge them.
What you’ll need: Allen wrench that come with the machine and a pair of scissors.
1. By hand, turn the hand wheel FORWARD (towards you) until the needle is in the highest position. Do NOT turn the hand wheel backwards! This method works only if you turn the hand wheel FORWARD.
2. Place your fingernail behind one of the needle threads above the presser foot.
3. With your other hand push the tension lever for the same needle thread and pull the thread forward for several inches.
4. Repeat step 3 for the other needle threads.
5. Lift the presser foot. Using the Allen wrench (Allen Key) that came with the machine, swipe the Allen wrench under the presser foot, from the BACK TO THE FRONT. This pulls the needle threads underneath the presser foot.
6. Cut the needle threads near the Allen wrench (Allen Key). This isn’t how I cut the thread put you get the point 🙂
7. With one hand pull the fabric BACKWARDS, out from underneath the presser foot, WHILE pushing the tension lever for the looper with your other hand. The needle threads will automatically pull to the wrong side.
8. Cut your looper thread and tie off your threads. Your machine is now ready to start stitching again.
I hope this helps.
Here’s a pdf of this post. I would print it out for my library. You never know when blog posts disappear 🙂 Brother 2340 CV Cover stitch machine – Removing Fabric